most people at the office, I enjoy the company of my cubemate. We
actually get along and share a lot of the same interests outside of
work. Well, then what could be the problem you ask? Let me tell you. They
give a 1-2 punch to my comfort zone. Not only are they an extremely
close talker that gets all up in my business, but they tend to have
not so pleasant coffee breath at all times of the day.
do I keep my space and freshen their breath without being obvious?
Bring It In For The Real Thing
Don’t Bring It In For The Real Thing,
feel for you on this one. The combo of an invasion of personal space AND coffee breath can be killer. As always though, the SupplyGeeks
start with your personal space:
Floor Sign - A perfect way to keep your cubemate at bay is by using a wet floor sign. Just stick one of these between your chairs and enjoy your space. Floor carpeted? No problem. Just come up with an elaborate story about how the janitor is using a brand new carpet cleaner that makes carpet slippery. Works every time.
2. Isolation Mask - Nothing says "give me some personal space" like wearing an antiviral face mask. The key here is to Google and diagnose yourself with a long, hard to pronounce medical term. Remember, the longer, the better. Pro tip: You just want space, not an HR nightmare, so make sure you choose a non-life threatening condition.
3. Caution Tape - Treat your side of the cube like a construction zone with some handy dandy caution tape. For the safety of your cubemate, they will be forced to stay on their side. Note: Hard Hat and Safety Vest are optional, but are encouraged for believability.
let's knock out that coffee breath:
1. Mints - A mint should always be your default go to choice for the quick, emergency stanky breath situation. Keeping a free for the taking jar of these bad boys in the the cube is a first line of defense used by the pros.
2. Gum - For a moderate to heavy threat of bad breath, sometimes mints just don't cut the mustard. That is where our trusty friend Gum comes in. The best part? Not only is gum more effective, but rarely will anyone turn down a free piece of gum. Not only that, but give yourself a pat on the back for being a super cool cubemate by sharing.
3. Listerine - Desperate times call for desperate measures. Hasta la vista, coffee breath.
There you have it - the SupplyGeeks way of taking back your cube. Now, just sit back, relax and enjoy a little space and fresh air.